According to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers, grants up to 3 billion sums will be allocated for a series of films about historical and mythological characters of Uzbekistan.
The film projects will be feature and short films about history and historical characters. The grant will cover 30% of the cost of the film project.
Grant applicants will need to provide the following documents:
– Set of documents containing a script and estimated budget of the film, information about the locations;
– Bank documents confirming the availability of funds to cover 70% of the film project;
– Copy of an international distribution agreement or a letter of guarantee for the sale of feature films with a duration of at least 70 minutes for screening at international film festivals and promotion on film markets;
– Copy of the international distribution agreement or letter of guarantee for the promotion of short films with a duration of at least 30 minutes for screening at international film festivals;
– Copy of the document confirming that the expected film will be shown in online cinemas with coverage of at least 1 million subscribers. Not less than 40 minutes of documentary-chronicles and documentary films.
Applicants, whose projects will be approved, will sign an agreement with the State Committee for Tourism Development.